Great bed! The best in fact.




I went to the K bar last night and enjoyed one too many k bar martini's. So instead of hiding under the covers, I am working away while dreaming of my headache subsiding. I really wish that I could recover on the bed in this environment instead! A fairytale filled room, with a huge bed to cuddle up on, in Venice of all places.

However, it would involve me going back in time to 2003, which wouldn't be all that bad.

I would be getting ready to meet my now betrothed, Teatro would just be opening up and I would be enjoying brunches at Xacutti, I would be living iin the little blue house, I would be learning to cook and how to drink wine with Gaynor, my friend Dawn would be living in the same city as me, instead of living in a different country, I wouldn't need my glasses as much as I do these days, I would be learning about the world of advertising from Sabaa, I would own a little VW that allowed me to zoom around town and go on road trips, I would be getting my dose of Wagamama and Teroni, and I would be 25 years old.

Then, on the other hand, if I were back in time, I wouldn't be living in Copenhagen, I would have not been to Paris yet, I would not know many of the great friends I know today, I would have not been to Africa or Trouville yet, I would not know what Calvados was, or how it is highly flammable when cooking, truffles and foie gras would not be in my top 5 things to indulge in list, I would have not skied in Quebec, or been to Montreal, I would not be able to call people on Skype and see their smiling faces looking back at me, I would have not lived on the Amstel River in Amsterdam, I would not have owned a Dutch bike, or a Danish one either, I would have not been taught the art of Italian cooking by Mama, I would not have any film credits to my name, I couldn't listen to Fiest and think back to how much Toronto was a very nice home to me, I would never have been taught to ride a horse in Austria or learn how to use a Holga camera, and most of all I would not be turning 30. I don't think I will magically become a more adult and responsible person, or feel somehow transformed. But, I do hope that I feel like in the next decade, my list of things I haven't done, seen, tasted or experienced, becomes longer.

Comments

Popular Posts