thanksgiving


It being thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I have been giving little thanks in my mind to various people the past few days.

Thank you for making me laugh when I wanted to cry. Thank you for not letting me off the hook, when I wanted to take the easy way out and believing in me. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for all the apple pies. Thank you for the plane trips, for lying about it being your birthday to have more red wine. Thank you for coming by my house to 'smoke me out' as you called it. Thank you for making me music play lists. Thank you for calling me something sweet when you leave messages on my voice mail. Thank you for giving me nicknames. Thank you for Kenny&Dolly on vinyl. Thank you for teaching me how to drive. Thank you for my unruly hair. Thank you for Christmas gifts given in cars. Thank you for inspiring me. Thank you for meeting me on the spur of the moment. Thank you for introducing me to flavors I had not tried or thought I did not like. Thank you for teaching me how to ski. Thank you for being hard on me. Thank you for loving me and making me feel like I was important to you.

Thanks to everyone in my life who have done these and a zillion other things for me to be thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts