The bicycle thief


After seeing the sad face of Mr. Igor Kent, the now infamous Toronto bicycle thief that was found with 2,396 stolen bikes under his charge, I felt rather amused and nostalgic.

Having more than a handful of bikes stolen over the years in Toronto, I wonder how many were the works of Mr. Kent. I lived up the street from his shop and I am sure my most memorable theft was thanks to him. Only a person like him would have masterminded a stolen ‘bike trade’.

A few years back, my shiny new (used) bike was swiped and a less valuable stolen bike left in its place. This seemed at the time quite strange, but after learning more about his demented ‘Robin Hood’ mind, it seems to make more sense to me now.

So, goodbye Igor, it looks like the bikers in Toronto can ride with a little less worry these days.

Comments

Popular Posts