Hello. Goedemorgen. Hej.


Greetings from Copenhagen! I have moved on from the land of windmills and bitterballen and am now in the land of snaps, pølsevogn (sausage wagons) and very tall and thin Danes. I do not have my camera hookup here yet, so stay tuned for more personal shots.

This past weekend I went to the Royal Café for brunch, among other things and fell in love with the place. I may make it a weekly habit. The café was filed with people enjoying the little hideaway that seemed more like a fairytale dining room. The café made me remember going to see Cinderealla’s castle in Disneyland when I was about 5 years old and feeling really bummed out to see that is was just a façade really. However 25 years later, I am happy to report I have found a real magical place that fulfilled all those childhood dreams.

I enjoyed a brunch that was made up of various foods, all in miniature proportions. They specialize in smushi, a petite version of the Danish open faced sandwich that somewhat resembles the construction of sushi. I was eating solo and met many couples and families that kept me company while I worked my way through my leisurely afternoon brunch. Since it was the typical rain+sun combo day that I have experienced since moving here, I was happy to take my time and savor every last bite while I waited for the sun to come out again. I made my way back out to the busy street, weaved my way through the many prams full of bouncing babies and rode my bike home, hopefully to back soon.




Comments

Popular Posts