two thousand and nine


The first day back at work has been cold and not as indulgent as 2008 in any way.

To look back at 2008, I would have to say it was akin to my first ride on the Cyclone. I rode that amazing thing for the first time as a young lass in New York with my father's favorite friend, and mine too! Our warm summer NYC evening was topped off with a trip the Coney Island, hot dogs and corn on the cob that was doing the backstroke in butter...delicious. The seat belt didn't really fasten and it made the ride all the more enjoyable. I would not call myself a thrill seeker, but there is something about a little raised pulse that I have to admit I enjoy.

Hopefully 2009 will be akin to the swing ride that I jumped on barefoot, clad in pink tights and little red coat, and swung happily around above pretty Copenhagen. It was after our first fall Tivoli experience and the swing ride really made my heart beat quickly.

Here is to 2009, you will win me over I am sure of it.

Comments

Popular Posts