Planes, trains and automobiles....


I arrived home this morning from Germany to catch up before I head off to Sweden tomorrow morning. The old Candy and Martin flick welcomed me in, what a nice little surprise.

Lucky me, I was able to enjoy Christmas in Mainz. It is such a pretty little town, especially when introduced by Matisse, owner of the Weinhaus Zum Spiegel. Delicious food and wine was enjoyed and a perfect prep for the drive to Austria the following day.

I can happliy say that I got myself to the hills in a fitting style. I spent day one in spa and outdoor sauna to kick a cold that had taken me down, then joined everyone in Ischgl for a day of swooshing into Switzerland to Austria and back again. What a beautiful area of the world. I don't think it is possible for me to explain how wonderful it was to be atop these mountains. I will try a meager attempt....

For a girl who learned (very poorly) how to ski at the age of 16, I was so very happy to be able to take on these hills with the encouragement of my fellow skiiers. It was a sunny, perfect day and one I will never forget.

My skiing has improved, my vitamin D levels are at an all time high and I am looking forward to seeing Sweden tomorrow!!!

Comments

Popular Posts