Simply delicious





I was introduced to glögg by the lovely Miss Hanna two years ago. Since that initial winter treat that she made me with such care in the kitchen at Youthography, I have moved on to have now experienced three kinds of this yule time drink!

I spent pre christmas eve fighting off a vicious cold by nibbling on 'apple peices' (that contain no apples, by the way) and sipping danish glögg. The Danish version has almonds and dried fruit with wine, of course in it. It was very yummy and indeed a perfect ending to 2008 in my adopted town of Copenhagen.

While in Austria I enjoyed many glasses of gluhwein on the hills, at apres ski and also in our chalet. My favorite has to be at the apres ski on the first day. I happened to be apres spa that day and very pleased to have a chair waiting for me by the bar to kick back and sing along while doing some serious merry making. I loved sipping the good stuff as I talked to Mum and Dad in Canada, from the mountain top.

While in Stockholm I will see if I can do Hanna proud and try and make the Swedish version at the cabin. I found out we will have a fireplace, and I am beyond happy about this. I haven't had a fireplace since Bellwoods Avenue and hopefully I will be found curled up in front of it, glögg in hand soon!

I hope my body doesn't go into sauna, fireplace and warm boozy drinks withdrawl in January. Somehow I don't think there is any way to avoid this. Perhaps I will have to concoct a new January tradition and drink to accompany it? I will put my thoughts to that and see what I can come up with.

Comments

Popular Posts